Sustainability Performance Reports
In 2016, we set an ambitious goal to reduce our environmental impact by committing to a 20% reduction by 2020 (our 20/20 Challenge). In 2017, Allergan continued the journey to improve performance on this measure and being a more sustainable company, including by:
*Compared to 2016
- Abiding by our Social Contract with Patients, which includes our commitment to making treatments accessible and affordable
- Increasing our employee engagement by more than 100%*
- Reducing absolute greenhouse gas emission from our manufacturing/R&D operations by over 10%*
- Reducing our energy intensity from our manufacturing/R&D operations by more than 5%*
- Reducing waste, and recycling more than 75% of our waste*
- Maintaining our employee injury/illness rate within top quartile of performance compared to our peers
- Engaging with 100 key suppliers regarding their Sustainability Performance
- Employees contributing more than 12,000 hours of their time for volunteer activities
- Providing more than 10 million dollars in charitable contributions through The Allergan Foundation
Allergan has been recognized for these efforts, including receiving the ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence award
from the Environmental Protection Agency and being named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index & Corporate Knights’ Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World.
Reduction by 2020
Allergan's 20/20 Challenge
More on Allergan’s commitment is provided throughout the Responsibility section and in our 2018 Proxy Statement (pdf) and our 2018 10-K (pdf). We will continue to work toward meeting our sustainability goals and reducing our environmental impact.
2018 Allergan Corporate Responsibility Report
Covering the period from January 1, 2017–December 31, 2017.
2017 Allergan Sustainability Performance Report
Covering the period from January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016.
2016 Allergan Sustainability Performance Report
Covering the period from January 1, 2015–December 31, 2015.