Corporate Responsibility Performance Reports
In 2016, we set an ambitious goal to reduce our environmental impact by committing to a 20% reduction by 2020 (our 20/20 Challenge). In 2018, Allergan continued the journey to improve performance on this measure and being a more sustainable company, including by:
- Abiding by our Social Contract with Patients, which includes our commitment to making treatments accessible and affordable, while maintaining high – standards of quality and safety
- Maintaining our employee injury/illness rate within top quartile of performance compared to our peers. We have reduced our injury rate by over 20% compared to 2015 baseline
- Increasing our employee engagement in our safety programs as measured by our Good Observation rate, by more than 250% compared to 2015 baseline
- Reducing absolute greenhouse gas emission from our manufacturing/R&D operations by over 25% compared to 2015 baseline
- Reducing our energy intensity from our manufacturing/R&D operations by more than 7% compared to 2015 baseline
- Reducing total waste by more than 8% compared to 2015 baseline
- Engaging with 100 key suppliers regarding their Sustainability Performance
- Employees contributing more than 9,000 hours of their time for volunteer activities
- Providing more than 10 million dollars in charitable contributions through The Allergan Foundation
Allergan has been recognized for these efforts, including receiving the ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence award
from the Environmental Protection Agency and being named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and the FTSE for Good Index.
Reduction by 2020
Allergan's 20/20 Challenge
2019 Allergan Corporate Responsibility Report
Covering the period from January 1, 2018–December 31, 2018.
2018 Allergan Corporate Responsibility Report
Covering the period from January 1, 2017–December 31, 2017.
2017 Allergan Sustainability Performance Report
Covering the period from January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016.
2016 Allergan Sustainability Performance Report
Covering the period from January 1, 2015–December 31, 2015.